Friday, April 11

Recently Finished Book Archive

Anansi Boys--Neil Gaiman (Picked this one up at Powell's while we were in Portland, and I'm Very Glad I had it. Got home from work at 4:00 and started reading...and didn't stop until 8:30 when I finished. Beguiling story! Interesting Characters! Fast Paced! Action-Packed! :-) 3/25)

Destination Unknown--Agatha Christie (Christie writes espionage! Strong red-headed heroine, the Cold War & the Iron Curtain, a definite love interest = definately not the normal Christie mystery. 3/24)

Postern of Fate--Agatha Christie (I started this one after I got sick, so that may be why I didn't like it as much. It has neither Marple nor Poirot, and the story moves mainly through dialogue between an elderly husband & wife team who consistently allude to their detective/mystery solving past together. I think the dialogue threw me off a bit, because it was just a little too dated for me to really get into it. The coolest part of this book is that Dame Christie based the story in her childhood home. 3/23)

The Mystery of the Blue Train--Agatha Christie (Another Hercule Poirot mystery, also finished while staying in the Agatha Christie room. I especially liked that you thought the mystery was solved with 50 pages to go...and then the real murderers were discovered in the last 5 pages. 3/22)

Murder on the Orient Express--Agatha Christie (This is the first Poirot mystery I've read, and I have to say I'm becoming fond of the little egg-headed mustachioed mystery-solver. :-) 3/21)

No comments: