Thursday, October 16

Recently Finished Book Archive

Take me to the River--Peter Alson (An okay book written about the Poker World Series...Meh. Finished it all the same though...just not sure when.)

The Gathering--Anne Enright (It was okay. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at all really...but it wasn't a waste of head space or anything. 9/2)

Drown--Junot Diaz (fabulous! I love this author. I normally do not care for short stories, but there was enough common narrative between each individual story that I surprised myself by liking this book so much. 8/31)

Bend the Rules Sewing--Amy Karol (I added this book to my Amazon wishlist cuz I really liked her style. The projects were hit or miss for me, and most of them I could probably have thought up for myself, but I really liked her crafty way of doing things, and I have a feeling I'm going to appreciate her tips the more I learn the 'right way' to sew in my sewing class 8/28)


The Water Devil--Judith Merkle Riley (3rd in her Margaret of Ashbury series, and I liked it just as much as the the other two. Good quick reads. 8/24)


Domiknitrix--Jennifer Stafford (I checked this out from the library for the second time this month because I really thought the title was clever and I've seen some projects from her book that I thought I rather liked. But the second time around, I'm still where I was at the first time. Her stuff is neat, just not for me. At least right now. Maybe I'll go into a punk phase soon and astonish everyone. 8/15)

No comments: