Thursday, December 11

Recently Finished Book Archive

Water for Elephants--Sara Gruen (Sat down to read this over breakfast and didn't stop until reading until I was done. A very well written and quick story. Very personable main character, but what is fabulous about the story is the quick plot and all the circus animals. Definitely not a story to linger over--race through it and enjoy it's plot. 11/16)

Tales of Burning Love--Louise Erdrich (Good book. Strong multi-dimensional characters and an engrossing plot with many tricks and turns. The main setting for the story is a North Dakota blizzard, so I definitely recommend reading this with the lights on the heat up. 11/14)

The Virgin Blue--Tracy Chevalier (Okay book. Not something I would force on anyone, but a quick read and a decent way to pass the time. If the main character had been a bit better, I think I would have enjoyed the book a bit more, because the plot had lots of potential. Oh well, I got this and a small quantitude of other trade paperbacks at the Goodwill for $1.99 each, and it was definitely worth the price. 11/12)

Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade (Good quick read that I picked up so I'd have something to distract me on the flight back from Ireland...the only problem with my plan was that I finished it two nights before we left when I was cold and wet. Still, it was good and lovely. 10/30)

Animal Vegetable Miracle--Barbara Kingsolver (Finally picked up a paperback copy of this so I could finish it on the flight to Dublin. Good Stuff! Even got Retardo to read it too, and while the going was good we ordered kits to make our own cheese. Yay! 10/28)

No comments: