Wednesday, December 31

New Years Resolutions

Today, as always on the last day of the year, I find myself making really really detailed lists of New Years Resolutions. Aside from the perpetual ones (lose weight, etc) I decided I needed to branch out a bit. Here goes:

a) Keep a daily journal. I got a 2008-2009 Daily Book from Barnes and Noble at the beginning of this month and it's going pretty well so far--in the last couple weeks I've gotten in the habit of writing down my accomplishments for the day every night. I'm looking forward to this time next year when I'll have a whole years worth of accomplishments to look back on.

b) Be healthier. I want to feel my body happy again, and that doesn't necessarily mean losing 50 pounds and becoming a ballerina...although I'd spend a lot less money on fabric for clothes if I was that skinny. It does mean making myself DO more stuff like Yoga and Dancing and Biking and Hiking.

c) Spend more quality time with Friends and Family. Less time cleaning the house for parties, more time playing games and laughing. More activities, less sitting around eating with friends. More visits and phone calls and emails and letters.

d) Focus on giving, rather than getting. Give away stuff I don't need, recycle more, give my time to others. Actually living up to my politics and personal philosophies.

e) Make more art. Paint, draw, sew, knit, sing, etc, etc, etc. This includes actually, you know, writing in my blog instead of letting it sit idle for months and months just cause I don't feel like sharing.

f) Grad School. Finally. Find a way to get my last prerequisite done, get the paperwork taken care of, and get enrolled. Hopefully start classes next September.

No comments: