Monday, March 16

Better than Paying to See Slumdog Millionaire


Not that I've seen Slumdog yet, but since I can watch that at home (and there is no way I can watch Open Circle Theater at home) this was by far a better way to spend Saturday night. The performance(s) were slightly choppy, but it's such a low key production that it was forgiveable. The pantomime-interpretive dance rendition of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde even made it into my dreams Sunday night. School of Whoredom...was made fabulous pretty much by the fact that 3/4 of the actors were in drag--the added element made a play reliant on it's sex jokes far more memorable than it would have been otherwise. If you are in Seattle and feel like seeing something extra-ordinary, I recommend plunking down your $15 and spending another $5 on a drink. :-)

No comments: