Sunday, March 1

Recently Finished Book Archive

Dreamers of the Day -- Mary Doria Russell (I liked this book. Not as much as I liked her first two books, nor as much as I loved her last book, but this book is good. I think I'm just put off by the narrative coming from a character I can't really enjoy. Worth reading though. 2/28)

Strangers in Paradise -- Terry Moore (I got a heartfelt recommend from a friend for this graphic novel series and managed to get the first book from the library within two weeks of requesting it. Now...I must wait and wait and wait for the next one...So far, waiting has definitely been worth it, though I'm hoping the next book(s) won't be so short--read this in about two hours. 2/25)

Inkdeath Audio CD--Cornelia Funke (This audio recording helped me knit a scarf, a hat, and some mitts for my hand. I even started another scarf before I finished the story. I forgot who read this version, but they rock--my favorite part was the last couple of chapters. 2/20)

Son of Monte Christo--Alexandre Dumas & Jules Lermina (I gave up on this. I haven't actually fact-checked, but I believe this book was 'finished' by Lermina from notes Dumas had made for the sequel. Either way, it sucks. One of a very small number of books I can't make myself finish. 2/10/09)

No comments: