Friday, January 25

Book List Archive

Recently Finished Books:

The Subtle Knife -- Philip Pullman (Yeah, well, I'm a bit compulsive once I know that the story continues...and I know the books are inexpensive...and that I can finish them in an evening. 1/17)

The Birth and Death of Meaning -- Becker (Had to read this for one of my classes. Pretty dense psychology text that was fabulously modern in the early 70's. Interesting tho. 1/15)

To Say Nothing of the Dog -- Connie Willis (I have read it at least four times now, maybe more. It's one of the books I return to when I can't sleep because I know the characters so well it's like visiting friends AND because I know I'll be able to put it down when I get sleepy. 1/14)

The Golden Compass -- Philip Pullman (Interesting. A bit preachy, but I still want to read the rest of the triology, so I guess it wasn't too bad. :-} I haven't seen the movie yet, and am not sure I want to. 1/14)

House of Spirits -- Isabel Allende (My brothers girlfriend gave this to me for Christmas, which was fabulously coincidental since I loaned my copy away and it never came back. It's still a wonderful book. I read it the first time when I took a class in Chile (A Long Time Ago), and part of my love for the book has a lot to do with that trip. 1/12)

The Lies of Locke Lamora -- Scott Lynch (Really liked this book--definitely recommend it. Good fantasy and it moved quickly enough that I wasn't bogged down in the violence and blood. 1/9)

No comments: