Tuesday, January 29

Persepolis and Other Great Comics


In my previous (previous! yay!) job, I was really, really, really bored. A lot. And thus became addicted to several webcomics...since they were easy to hide from my coworkers and I had (sometimes) years worth of daily comics to catch up on. When I'm feeling like bearing more of my soul, I'll post the list of webcomics I "must" read every week. ;-)

So anyway, I love webcomics, and I love (most) styles of graphic novels, and I really loved the Persepolis Stories that Marjane Satrapi put out a few years ago. ( book links! ) Lo and behold, I wasn't the only one reading them--the Seattle City Library had the first in the series as one of their "Seattle Read's" picks and the French (people) loved it so much they made it into a movie. ( movie link! ) Retardo and I went to see it on Friday and it was frabjulous!

The point of this post though! There is a point! Is that while feeding my webcomic addiction, I ran smack into this comic on Married to the Sea. It's great! And, once you see Persepolis, even more funny. I promise.

No comments: