Thursday, February 12

Pillows For Grandma

These are definitely not for me, although I have to admit that they are cute and I love them and I love that I made them for my grandmother. While we were down in Portland last I went fabric shopping at Mill End (it is huge! it is fabulous! go, go, go!) and thought I would ignore the craft/quilting/cotton print section of the store entirely. I bought a little bit of apparel fabric, and spent most of my money in the bargain section in the back. Then, as I was trundling up to the front with my buggy and my beautimous haul a sign caught my eye: "Reproduction 1930's prints". So I had to peak, and as soon as I did I saw Dolly Dingle laughing at me for thinking I could walk out of the store without buying *enough*.

When I was growing up, Dolly Dingle was the name of my grandmother's cat. (Stop with the dirty thinking and look at the cute little girls on the fabric you pervs!) Dolly Dingle and her friends had all kinds of adventures and wore adorable clothing and I had several (yes, several!) paper doll books filled with little outfits and things for Dolly and her friends. So. Anyway, cute presents for my grandma for Valentines Day. There's even a little chocolate pocket made on the smallest pillow featuring, you guessed, Dolly Dingle herself.

No comments: