Monday, February 2

Recently Finished Book Archive

The Twilight Series--Stephanie Meyer (So I mentioned that I'm a sucker for sequels, right? I bought the first book at Target after some friends were talking about the series ["It's awful, the vampires spaaaarkle"] and I wanted to find out if it was as horribly wonderful as they said. I read it pretty much in one sitting on Friday, and it's all true. The writing is lackluster, the characters are one dimensional, and still....I had to keep reading. Luckily for me, Retardo was able to scavenge pdf's of the next three novels...and um....I read books two and three yesterday and finished the fourth this morning. Thankfully, they're bad enough that I can't foresee ever wanting to read them again, so I'll at least be able to save my valuable book money for something I won't be ashamed to leave out on the coffee table. But my weekend is incontrovertibly gone...I guess the combination of sparkly vamps and snowy cozy home proved way too alluring. 1/25)

Anne of the Island--Lucy Maud Montgomery (These are all starting to run together, especially since I only read them at night cuz I know how they turn out and they aren't especially interesting...1/22)

Chronicles of Avonlea--Lucy Maud Montgomery (1/19?)

Seams to Me--Anna Maria Horner (I've only made one project out of this book--the basic bias skirt--and I got a little carried away on the cutesy side...so I still haven't worn my bright red knee length skirt with the patchwork pockets...cuz I didn't feel like looking like a plus-sized Raggedy Ann doll. Maybe in the summer I won't feel so self concious about it. I do, however, love this book. Anna Maria's fabrics are so bright and bold and her creations are simple and elegant. I've got my heart set on making her taxi cab purse and mabye the little fabric boxes and..)

No comments: