Sunday, November 21

Day 3 - ArtieCat & MaddyCat

I am grateful for my favorite fur-babies.

I've had Madeline Rotten since she was four months old--she was given to me via Craigslist just after New Years in 2006. Her birthday is September 27th and I have to admit that I'm not awesome about remembering to celebrate it every year. Some of my favorite things about MaddyCat: a) she squeaks when you pick her up, every time. b)she licks her belly bald which looks ridiculous. the vet said it was just a bad habit, like kids that chew their fingernails. c)she hates to back that a** up...and will wriggle and roll before walking backwards. d)she loves to cuddle, but only me. she's definitely one of those girl-kitties who picks a favorite person and I'm so glad that I'm hers. e) she's an awesome hunter--when she gets it into her head to kill a spider or a she will stalk them and spring her entire fat-cat weight on the little pests.

Retardo and I got Artie when he was only six weeks old--he was a tiny little ball of orange fluff. The first week we brought him home, MaddyCat taught him to hiss and he spent a couple days hissing at everything he saw. He's definitely the 'pretty' one in our household...more cute than brains for sure. Some of my favorite things about ArtieCat: a) he likes to sleep in the bathroom sink. b) he forgets how to do things he does all the time, like drink from the little pet fountain in the kitchen--sometimes he gets so excited he sticks his ears under the stream instead of turning his head so he can lick the water up. c) Sometimes when he wants us to wake up in the morning he comes right up to my face and cuddles and purrrrrs until I pet him. d) he's adorable--one of the cutest cats I've ever seen and he is always soft and fluffy in my arms. e) He's got a fan club--the only cat I've ever known that other people have bought birthday cards for. Seriously.

No comments: