Thursday, November 25

Day 7 - The Closest Friends I Don't See Enough

In my time on this planet I have been blessed with amazing friends, but almost all of them are now happy memories that I think about sometimes. Luckily, not all of them are--there are a handful of friends that I clutch to myself so they can't fall away from me and I'm infinitely grateful to them for always being exactly themselves when we call each other or visit each other after a long absence.

Mia Catja. I have been your friend for almost fifteen years, and you have been mine for just as long. I think I knew when we met that I would keep you as my friend forever because we both seem to need each other in that way that means forever no matter what. You are loyal and kind and I don't think you've ever said to no to a single one of my (occasionally ridiculous) plans. You back me up and make me feel good about myself imperceptibly and always, and being your friend makes me a better person. I feel sometimes that you are the only person I allow to put me on a pedestal--and it's not because you don't see my flaws. You just don't care that they are there, and I hope I've given you that same assurance right back.

DroolieLee. You are such a song in my heart. There are people in our lives that bring us happiness, and thinking of you never fails to make me smile. I can't even remember the first time we sang the 'down in my shoes' song, but it is definitely ours in the way the swing sets and summertime are for laughing. You remind me to be both fierce and honest with myself and with others because every fiber of who you are demands it. When we see each other after a long time it takes seconds for my soul to spin around and smile with you.

Bina. It makes me sad sometimes to think about how close we used to be and much effort we both have to put in to get back to that space because we are simply different now. And it's okay, we both are where we need to be right now. And holding your hand is still holding your hand. I think though, that we will fly again together--our outrageousness and absolutely fabulousness will smack right into each other again and there we will be, and it's okay that that time isn't right now. Because I know we'll get there.


No comments: